Friday 29 July 2016

LoVe iN fIFth gEaR

Don’t fall for me, don’t fall I won’t pick up the shards.
I’ve been, we’ve been, dealt the wrong damn cards.
Don’t ask of me what you cannot mirror,
What you cannot, will not even consider.

You speak of love, trust and strength of will.
I speak of a void you cannot ever fill.
I want someone’s first born cherub child.
A grave, unshared, each other’s only eternal pride.

I want someone’s all, there will be no barter:
Unconventionally I don’t want to be just another.
I wish to share it all, the good bad and the ugly
Two open blank pages. No shame, just us, truly.

As long as I don’t feel that in my grasp,
You will always see me shift as another goes past…
“Is he? Has she? Or will she yet?”
One mistake that will never make you forget,
That my Achilles heel are all the potential others,
Those that haunt my dreams with similarly misfitting offers.

I’ll collect them all, the dreams, to make my wonky puzzle one day fit…
Until then, fifth gear straight on, while you fear who will be my next hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment