Tuesday 6 June 2017

CRoCkEd LiNEs

My words ached as I sat, swayed, pushed onto the brink,
As they went down my arm, finger tips and transformed into silky screen ink
what we could not say but feel, what made our hearts sink.

They words ached as they formed into a crocked painful line.
I already miss your touch, your caress down my spine
          in our bed that was shared, now back to being just mine.

The words ached appearing onto your screen as I sniffed.
As I no longer breathed as my every move made you uneasily shift,
I felt trapped, loved but caught, the 'me' inside struggling to lift.

The words ached as they sank in and made my eyes finally see,
That a love so deep and yet so sad should never be left to be.
Erasing who we were, what made you, you and what made me, me.

The words still echo,
The words still ache.
They still ring true.

And I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment