Saturday 10 June 2017

KeYs

Damn! I'd forgotten my keys!

All the doors were locked and the lights had been dimmed.
I knocked for several minutes on the glass pain of the back door. Dark silence.

"Hello puppy...don't bark please..!" Silence, he starred at me disappointingly from the other side of the glass.

She will never hear me I'll have to sleep out in the grass.

But the door creaked open and her shadow appeared, I could feel her stare stop on my wet jumper.

"Hi...euhm...forgot my keys..."

She stepped aside to let me in, wondering probably what I had drunk or swallowed in the last hours, since I slammed the door shut behind me that afternoon.

"I need to sit" I stumbled.
"What's wrong?" 
She wasn't even angry.
"Too.       Much.     Vodka." 
She hugged me.

I omitted to say that I'd not eaten all day, a habit I'd learn only too late to regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment