Tuesday 19 May 2015

ThE SizZle In liFe cAllEd fRiEndS

As the birds twerp and tweet on a spring morning, I lay in my bed,
And remember, all those life moments, little things you all did or said.

That teenage birthday flash back with balloons and plastic cups,
Did we really look like that with those ridiculous haircuts!
A Friday spent with wine, minestrone, cards and chatter,
A evening spent In the moment, the world can catch up later!

I won’t say goodbye, just see you soon
I’m not going quite as far as the moon,

Wine for lunch in a Milanese side street and beer on top of the Duomo,
Can´t really remember how that night ended, Saporita, music and one too many mojito!
Cycling home after a night dancing, zigzagging without lights, we chat,
About life, sizzle bang pop, death, poetry and the shitty alcohol we just had.

No, I don’t want to say goodbye
As it’s already making me tear up and cry

Sail, swim, grill, hike, bike, sit, eat, and sun downers on my balcony,
Laugh, smile, play, yearn, hate, love and sometimes even envy.
You nod in eager approval, compassion or even downright hate!
At my dysfunctional love stories that run on repeat, repeat, repeat,

So please don’t make me say goodbye
Or you will see drops appearing in my eye,

As if reflected in a mirror I am myself in your company,
You frame my irrational self in the borders of some relative sanity.
You know how to spot that look that calls for a hugs and is close to tears.
You instantly open your arms and make me forget all of my fears.

So no goodbyes my friend as I´m not going away,
Just a little jaunt, a trip so to say,

Tomorrow I go to a land of jungles and power cuts,
And where every sauce includes cassava roots and peanuts,
A land of war, curfews, diamonds but here and there also a little fun,
I´ve been promised stoned movie nights and Sunday brunches in the sun.

No goodbyes for now, just a toast to friendship with a few drinks,

And to my next adventure: one of the last of Africa’s Banana Republics

No comments:

Post a Comment